Subject: FW: YOUR LETTER
From: "Assistance Consular" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 11:11:49 +0530

-----Original Message-----
From: Assistance Consular [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: 27 March 2008 17:06
To: [email-masked]
Subject: YOUR LETTER

Dear Mr. Mannion,
We can confirm that we have received a copy of your letter dated 25th March
2008 to the investigating officer at Anjuna police station. This letter was
immediately forwarded on to our offices in Mumbai and Delhi, as well as the
Foreign and Commonwealth Office in London. We are sorry to hear that your
father is unwell.
We subsequently spoke to the police on the matter who confirmed that they
would like to question you further about the incident and are not planning
to lift the look out circular until this has taken place.  The British
Government is unable to interfere in the judicial processes of another
country, as they are unable to interfere in our own.  We cannot be involved
in the police investigation nor can we give legal advice.  This policy is
laid out in Support for British Nationals: A Guide. I have attached a link
for you below.
http://www.fco.gov.uk/Files/kfile/consularfullguide,2.pdf
<http://www.fco.gov.uk/Files/kfile/consularfullguide,2.pdf>
If you have concerns about the actions of the Indian police we strongly
advise you to take this up with your lawyer.
Regards,
Shilpa

Shilpa Caldeira (Ms.)
Head of Consular Section - Goa
British Tourist Assistance Office
S 13-14, Dempo Tower, Patto Plaza
Panaji, Goa - 403 001 (India)
Tel: 91-832-2438734, 2438897
Fax: 91-832-6641297
website: www.ukinindia.com
Timings: Monday to Friday 09:00 to 13:00, 14:30 to 15:30

****************************************************************************
*******
Visit http://www.fco.gov.uk <http://www.fco.gov.uk/>  for British foreign
policy news and travel advice; and http://www.i-uk.com
<http://www.i-uk.com/>  - the essential guide to the UK.
Data Protection Act 1998
The Foreign and Commonwealth Office processes personal data as notified to
the Information Commissioner
( http://www.informationcommissioner.gov.uk
<http://www.informationcommissioner.gov.uk/> )for the purpose of working for
the UK's interests in a safe,
just and prosperous world.  Such personal data may be shared with other UK
Government Departments and
Public Authorities.
Please note that all messages sent and received by members of the Foreign &
Commonwealth Office and its
missions overseas may be monitored centrally.  This is done to ensure the
integrity of the system.
****************************************************************************
*******